Our Mission, Beliefs, and Vision
Ensuring Student Academic and Civic Success
- All students learn, have talent and want to succeed.
- Learners progress at different rates, in different ways, for different futures.
- All students deserve a safe and engaging environment where they feel valued.
- Students, parents, teachers and community are partners in the learning process.
- Student learning is enhanced by meaningful, real-life experiences requiring complex thinking.
- Teaching is collaborative and involves ongoing learning.
- Teachers are knowledgeable, competent in their field and understand human development.
- Student learning is fostered by frequent, formative feedback.
- Instruction is aligned and based on standards.
- Learning is enhanced by effective use of technology and exposure to the arts.
Future Learning in Lewiston Public Schools
- Standards-based with multiple pathways to achieve success;
- Relevant, and rigorous for the present and the future.
- Based on a common curriculum that cultivates higher order skills;
- Ongoing and constant with the variables being time, place and support.
- Feel safe, nurtured and celebrated;
- Help set and monitor progress toward their own educational goals;
- Have high aspirations acquired through experiences and guidance.
- Inspire, challenge and support students;
- Use data and ongoing assessments to inform and differentiate instruction;
- Work collaboratively in on-going professional development to improve instruction.
- Are actively engaged in and supportive of their children's learning;
- Are informed about and work collaboratively with our schools;
- Provide students opportunities for community projects and real world learning.
Adopted by School Committee January 23, 2012